C.M.E. has been building destemmer-crushers since 1945. From the beginning we have aimed to achieve the following 3 objectives in our designs:
- Reliability: during harvest everything must work perfectly.
- Longevity: Robust stainless steel construction.
- Easy yet effective cleaning: we have now designed a high-pressure washing system for this that considerably reduces the time that the cellar staff must devote to cleaning every day. The result is simultaneously having a more hygienic machine and more time to dedicate to all the other activities of the cellar.
Every year the grapes are different, so our destemmer-crushers provide maximum adaptability thanks to:
- adjustable distance between the cage and beaters
- independent motors for the cage and beaters
- The option of changing the blades with stainless steel or different types of food grade rubber, ensuring the highest quality.
Our range of destemmer-crushers covers a range of capacity from 100 q/h of processed grapes up to 1,400 q/h. Each model can work in all possible configurations i.e.:
- They can de-stem and not de-stem thanks to the new hopper which, with a simple procedure, allows sending the grapes directly to the pump.
- They can crush or not crush by means of a removable crusher cassette that can be easily rolled in or out.
- The destemmer-crushers can be equipped with single screw pumps, piston pumps, peristaltic pumps or lobe pumps. These are also produced by CME, and are ideal for sending the pressed grapes to the next production stage.
Before being supplied to customers, our destemmer-crushers are subjected to very strict and accurate tests.
During harvest, CME assistance is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.